This course is meant for all workplaces/institutions/organizations to provide a basic understanding of sexual harassment at places of work. Additionally, it is designed to offer Internal Complaints Committee/s and Local Complaints Committee/s (Complaints Committee/s) established under the Act, with simple, user friendly information on sexual harassment; what is expected of Complaints Committee/s to redress a complaint; and what the inquiry process and outcome should include.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This course informs the end-user (an employee/worker) about workplace sexual harassment and their right to an informed complaint process in seeking redress as provided under the Act and Rules framed thereunder.
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
This course has 6 sections, with each containing information for women, male coworkers as well as their employers, on how to deal with sexual harassment at the workplace in the context of the Act.
• Section 1 serves as an introduction, as it details the genesis of the Act and the history behind it, as well as provides a brief description of the Act itself.
• Section 2 sets the context by defining workplace and sexual harassment. It provides the reader with key elements, such as examples of sexual harassment as well as scenarios and the impact of such behaviour.
• Section 3 focuses on the key individuals and institutions involved in the prohibition and prevention processes and their responsibilities.
• Section 4 is about redress. This section identifies and defines the key players involved in the complaint mechanism (including the complainant and the respondent). It details the stages of the complaint process. Particular attention is paid to the complaints committee which plays a very important role in this process.
• Section 5 describes the monitoring requirements as per the Act.
• Section 6 lists the important international frameworks and select best practices on sexual harassment at the workplace.
|Module 1 -Introduction To POSH||7 Hrs|
|Module 2 - What is Sexual harassment?||6 Hrs|
|Module 3 - Forms of Work Place Sexual Harassment||6 Hrs|
|Module 4 -Prevention and Prohibition||5 Hrs|
|Module 5 - Redress||6 Hrs|