- Acid Attack is also known as Vitriolage is the throwing of acid on the body of a person and disfiguring it. It is particularly thrown on the face of women. Acid attack is a very violent form of crime that seeks to inflict physical as well as mental injury. It can be committed against any gender but it has a gender angle as well and most of the sufferers are women.
- Acid attacks can lead to lifelong disfigurement of a body part that came in contact with the acid. It can also lead to the burning of that certain area, damaging the tissues, and sometimes even dissolving the bones.
- Acid attacks are not completely recoverable. The intensity of damage depends upon the amount of acid thrown. In some cases, the victim may not even survive. Those who survive have to undergo multiple surgeries to treat it. In instances of acid attack done on the face, mainly eyes and lips are damaged and sometimes even ears and nose gets affected.
- Acid Attack is one of the grave offenses against the human body which involves the infliction of assault by one person who throws acid on another person. The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013 introduced many important provisions to the Indian Penal Code. Section 5 of the Amendment Act, 2013 inserted Sections 326A and 326B in IPC. These two provisions which were newly inserted provided punishment for the offences of causing grievous hurt by throwing acid and voluntarily throwing or attempting to throw acid respectively.
After doing this course, students will be able to:
- To analyze the Meaning of Acid Attacks;
- To analyze the forms of violence against Women;
- To determine the factors which lead to Acid Attacks;
- To analyze the Physical, Psychological, Social, and Economic Consequences of Acid Attacks;
- Understand the Constitutional provisions which Protect the Rights of the Victims;
- To throw light upon the Laws which deal with the Prevention of Acid Attacks and Punishments to the Perpetrators;
- To appreciate the role of the Supreme Court and High Courts in providing Justice and Compensation to the Victims of Acid Attacks;
- To highlight the Efforts and Contributions of the NGOs in providing support and encouragement to the Survivors;
- To compare the Compensation Schemes available in other Countries for Victims of Crime;
- To compare the Laws of other Countries which deal with Acid related Crimes;
- To conclude the Course by suggesting Reforms in the Criminal Justice System by enhancing the sentencing of the Convicts and providing Compensation to the Victims in time.
Benefits Of Doing This Online Course From IALM
- This Course is highly recommended to Law Students, Legal Practitioners, Research Scholars, Academicians, People working in NGOs, and Social Activists.
- The students enrolled in this Course can further take up Research Works and suggest reforms in the Criminal Justice System.
- You can also visit NGOs that are supporting Acid Attack Survivors. (you can choose the near NGOs)
- You can even meet and interact with the Acid Attack Survivors. (Provided the victims are willing to interact)
- Downloadable Course Material in the form of Word documents, PowerPoint Presentations, and audio.ce
- Enrollment in IALM Internship Program and IALM Placement Facility. (conditions apply)
- Interaction with Experienced Faculty by email.
Jobs & Career Opportunities:
Various jobs and sectors are there in the job market where this course will be an additional benefit for being hired.
- Police Officer
- Social worker
- Civil Servants
- Human Rights organisations
- Forensic Doctor
Other Important Information About This Online Course
- Maximum Duration to complete the Course: 2-Month
- Course Fees: RS. 7000/- (Several Payment Options Available: Credit & Debit Cards, CHEQUE, Demand Draft, Cash, Wire Transfer – NEFT, PAYTM)
- Online Evaluation Method: Based on “Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)” and an “Assignment Submission” of 500 words.
- The score of the online examination will be taken as the final result and Grade will be assigned as per the following scheme: Grade A – 80-100, Grade B – 65-79, Grade C – 50-64, Reattempt – Below 50
- Next Batch: Each IALM course starts immediately after payment. Students can register online for the course at any time. Upon payment of fees and registration, the present Course will start immediately.