Indian Patent Agent Examination 2022-23
The Indian Patent Agent Examination is administered by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry's Office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs, and Trademarks, or IP India as it is more popularly known.
IALM brings India’s best online coaching experience and guidance to CRACK & SUCCEED AT INDIAN PATENT AGENT EXAMINATION – 2022-2023.
Now, did you know that:
- Patent Agents are the highest-paid consultants throughout the world. The average PER-HOUR billing of a Patent Agent is US Dollars 750/- (Approximately, Rupees fifty-two thousand five hundred only).
- An average patent application in the US is prepared at the cost of USD 7500/- (Rupees Five Lakhs Five Hundred Only).
- The Global Market for Patent Consultants (Including Patent Searches, Writing, Prosecution, Analysis, and Licensing) is US Dollars 150 billion per year.
- India has a shortage of more than 10000 Patent Agents and globally there is a shortage of 1,00,000 Patent Agents.
- As a patent agent, you have a tremendous amount of openings at Multinational Corporations in all sectors, R&D Centers, Indian Companies, Startups, Educational Institutions, Top Intellectual Property Law Firms, and Government Departments, such as DIPP, Ministry of Commerce, and Indian Patent Office.
- DO NOT miss this opportunity to be part of an exciting global career opportunity and growth.
- ELIGIBILITY for appearing at Patent Agent Examination – 2022-2023
- GRADUATE with any discipline in Sciences, Engineering, or Technology courses
- FINAL YEAR students of Graduation in any discipline of Sciences, Engineering, or Technology.
Features of IALM online course on Indian Patent Agent Examination – 2022-2023
- 7-hrs of Video lecture by Patent Attorneys having experience of more than 20 years.
- Module/Chapter-wise study.
- More than 150 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) to test your understanding
- ALL PREVIOUS YEARS solved question paper;
- FREE downloadable material at IALM Resource Centre:
- Indian Patent Act, 1970
- Patent Rules with the latest amendments
- Intellectual Property Law related legislative Acts, such as the Indian Trademark Act, Geographical Indication Act, Copyrights Act
- Patent Examination Manuals
Jobs & Career Scope for Patent Agents:
- Patent Drafting Specialist: These people draft patent specifications and claims in a patent application. One is needed to understand the invention, strategize protection, articulate the inventions and understand the nuances of the language.
- Patent Paralegals: There are people in the patent industry who manage and run huge docketing requirements to take care of local and international filings and maintain strict timelines.
- Patent Analyst: There are people in the patent industry who provide us with deep information about infringement and competitive landscape analysis of Inventions and Patents.
- Patent Valuers: There are people who are experts in assessing the market value of a Patent based on several financial valuation models. These people come in handy during mergers, acquisitions, bank loans and preparing balance sheets.
- Patent Agents: These individuals are the ones who liaise with local Patent Offices and are instrumental in filing and registration of Patent Applications.
- Patent Litigation Experts: Then there are the lawyers who argue Patent Cases in a Court of Law and seek injunctions or defend their clients.
- Patent Portfolio Managers: Then there are the great managers who are responsible for managing huge patent portfolios for organizations. They have to strategically manage patent assets that are spread across several jurisdictions and are at different stages of prosecution or enforcement.
- Patent Licensing Specialist: These specialists are responsible for licensing. Like the sales team, they have to meet revenue targets for the organization and are responsible for P&L.
- Patent LPOs: Costs of preparing, filing, prosecuting and maintaining patents as they started hitting the roof in the developed countries, eventually led to the blooming of several Patent LPOs in India. These LPOs have created a huge global market for us to work with very high salaries and also opportunities to work for the best companies in the world.
Patent Agent Examination Eligibility
For the Patent Agent Exam, all you require is a foundation in science. Thus, you must hold a degree in one of the following fields: science, engineering, technology, or pharmaceutical sciences. Therefore, the following degree holders are qualified to sit for the Indian Patent Agent Exam:
- Ph.D (in any of the above streams)
- Final year students are also eligible to apply (subject to conditions)
Other Benefits of the IALM Online Course on Patent Agent Examination – 2022-2023
- Self-Paced online learning modules with flexibility to complete the course from anywhere and on any device.
- You choose your timings and place to do the course. You can take this course from your office, home or your college. And you choose your device, Laptop, Desktop, Mobile Phone, or Tablet.
- Online and Offline Payment Options
- An Industry recognized certification “IALM CERTIFIED PATENT SPECIALIST. This certificate has immense market value and enhances your job opportunities in Patent Departments at Multinational Corporations, Indian Companies, Startups, R&D Centers, Educational Institutions, Top Intellectual Property Law Firms, and Government Departments, such as DIPP, Ministry of Commerce, and Indian Patent Office and many more international organization.