This course is meant for students who have multimedia-related subjects. This would include the technical colleges and institutions having streams like computers, communication, electronics, and information technology. The book would also be useful for certificate courses in subjects like image processing, audio/video processing, graphics and animation, network basics, design and development to present ideas in a variety of forms and ways which increase the comprehension level and retentivity of the subject matter in the viewer’s mind. This makes it an important tool in education. Other possible uses of multimedia include home entertainment, industrial training, information kiosks, corporate presentations, computer-aided design applications, video conferencing, and telemedicine.
Advantages of being a multimedia student:
Offers the opportunity to learn multiple skills: In a multimedia course, your teen will be trained in various areas such as graphic designing, video and audio editing, web designing, VFX (visual effects) creation, 2-D and 3-D animation, and multimedia programming. A student of multimedia learns to work with important software such as Photoshop, Corel Draw, Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Pagemaker, and Premiere.
Provides invaluable experience: A person with a strong background in multimedia can plan and create content such as videos, infographics, podcasts, and flash banners for various platforms, which may include a company’s website and its social media profiles like YouTube channels, Facebook pages, and Twitter account. Being able to create different forms of engaging and creative content across platforms makes a multimedia specialist an asset to a company that is looking to enhance its visibility among the target audience.
Advantages of having a career in multimedia in India:
Sought-after specialization: Multimedia specialists in India are sought for various job profiles such as game development, web design, web content creation, graphic design, animation, eLearning content development, social media promotional material creation, user interfaces creation, app development, visual effects (VFX) direction and many more. Given the popularity of multimedia as the preferred choice of communication and promotion in various fields, it is a lucrative career path. There is also a great scope for career growth. In high-demand industries such as the media and the gaming industries, with experience, a multimedia specialist can climb the ladder from junior-level positions to higher supervisory positions.
Innovative use of multimedia: With the convergence of different forms of media and people’s increasing ability to access and share content, multimedia is likely to achieve higher dimensions. Innovations in areas such as gaming technology and augmented reality applications will need multimedia designers to upgrade their skills considerably to provide newer and more enhanced experiences to users. Fields such as medicine and defence are now turning to virtual reality as a training methodology. This means greater opportunities for multimedia specialists.
Jobs & Career Opportunities:
Some common job areas or designations are popular in the competitive world.
- Web Designer/Developer
- Multimedia Designer
- Software Developer/Programmer
- IT Support/Helpdesk
- Online publishing (editorial/design)
- A degree in multimedia will offer you an ocean of job opportunities in web designing, computer games designing, advertising graphics, animation and new media.
- Multimedia professionals are also recruited in schools, publishing houses, films and video conferencing
- Multimedia developers can also work as flash developers, network engineers, publishers, graphic artists, sound experts, animators, authors/content providers, project managers and picture researchers.
- One can work as a freelancer
Other Important Information About This Online Course:
- Maximum Duration to complete the Course: 1-Month
- Course Fees: Rs. 3,500/- (Several Payment Options Available: Credit & Debit Cards, Cheque, Demand Draft, Cash, Wire Transfer – NEFT, PAYTM)
- Online Evaluation Method: Based on “Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)” and an “Assignment Submission” of 500 words.
- The score of the online examination will be taken as the final result and Grade will be assigned as per the following scheme: Grade A – 80-100, Grade B – 65-79, Grade C – 50-64, Reattempt – Below 50
- Next Batch: Each IALM course starts immediately after payment. Students can register online for the course at any time. Upon payment of fees and registration, the present Course will start immediately.